1. First reason, it hurts bones- smoking weakness the body’s scaffolding and is a serious risk factor for osteoporosis, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.
2. Second reason, it may inure the insides- sure, cigarettes may be smooth to inhale, but they can rough up the digestive system, leading to heartburn, peptic ulcers, and possibly gallstones, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
3. Third reason, it’s tied to lots of cancers- not to belabor the point, but tobacco use and smoking have been linked to much more than lung cancer.
4. Fourth reason, it may lead to wrinkles… everywhere- not only does smoking contribute to premature facial wrinkles, it may also lead to wrinkling of skin that rarely sees the light of day--- in areas such as the inner arm and perhaps the buttocks.
5. Fifth reason, it may dull vision- several studies have found a robust link between smoking and eye disease, specifically age-related macular degeneration, which can permanently blur vision or cause blindness.